To mark this important event, Crest and Oral-B offered me a challenge in oral care.
The challenge is to use their products for 4 weeks and check if it will improve my oral health. Being a dental hygienist by profession, I do not think the results before / after will be very significant because I already have a very good oral hygiene. That’s why I asked someone around me, who will be called Mr. X, to do the test for me. I will still try the products and you will also give my opinion.
Terms of the challenge
- Have an assessment of the general oral condition (plaque, tartar, gingivitis …) by his dentist before the challenge;
- Use the oral products provided by Crest and Oral-B 2x / day for 4 weeks.
- Have a second oral assessment by the dentist after the challenge.
Products to use
- Oral-B Professional Triaction Electric Toothbrush 5000 / Deep Sweep + SmartGuide;
- Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste Therapeutic protection against plaque;
- Oral-B Glide Dental Floss Pro-Health Clinical Protection;
- Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Mouthwash.
Condition of Mr. X’s Oral Health Before the Challenge
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, Mr. X had his first oral assessment at the dental center Espace dentaire Pur in Boucherville. His assessment was done by his usual dentist, Dr. Sylvain Laflamme, as well as myself (as a dental hygienist).
Results: Mr. X has a general average oral condition. That is to say, there is presence of gingivitis, abundant tartar as well as moderate bleeding.
However, it is important to consider Mr. X’s oral hygiene habits before beginning the challenge.
- Brushing: usually 1 brushing / day, sometimes 2;
- Type of toothbrush: usually a manual toothbrush, sometimes electric;
- Dental floss: very rarely;
- Mouthwash: very rarely;
Mr. X will begin the challenge tonight, Wednesday, April 3, 2013.
Good challenge Mr. X !!!
I invite you all to leave your comments if you have tried some of these products …