Learning first aid is quite necessary. This is because you never know when you might have to help someone in a critical situation. No one knows what they might face in the future. However, being prepared for emergencies is always helpful. It can make you a valuable asset to the community. Also it gives the person an inner sense of strength and purpose. The thought of being available for help whenever required is an immense confidence booster.
The following are a few reasons why you should invest in a first aid certificate in Melbourne.
- You would have the ability to help someone who has been in an accident. The first few minutes of the injury are critical. Providing first aid at the right time can actually help save lives. Giving CPR on time prevents untimely death and restores the oxygen to the brain and body immediately. Also deep cut wounds when attended to immediately can prevent bleeding.
- It’s not just the strangers who might face difficult situations or critical incidents. Your loved ones could be in trouble as well. There are so many people who wished they knew first aid and could have prevented their loved one from suffering.
- The treatment an individual receives during the first few minutes of their injury would have a major impact on the quality of their life in the future. When CPR is administered on time, it can prevent the brain from stopping. It also provides oxygen in a timely manner and can be of great help in high risk cases. It can help increase the rate of survival to almost 75%. At a first aid training course you would learn some of the most important lifesaving skills. What could be more important than that? Providing help when it is required is crucial. Not only do you learn these skills but also learn techniques which help you maintain your cool when things get tough.
- It can also help improve your chances of employment. For example a primary child care giver is employed quicker because the also possess knowledge of first aid. Children are often prone to accidents and care givers who are experienced in first id are often given a priority. Sometimes a first aid certificate is also a pre requisite for certain job positions.
- Most injuries need to be attended to immediately. While anyone can provide first aid after going through the first aid manual but sometimes the mode is simply on high alert and immediate assistance is required in such cases, a person who already knows first aid can be a major asset to the community, family or an organization.
- People when they have to attend someone in a crisis find themselves feeing anxious and unable to think with a calm mind. Such a reaction can be a major issue in a critical situation. Someone with the right knowledge of first aid can help immediately.
The best thing which you could do today is to enroll for first aid certificate courses in Melbourne.